“Knowledge management for equitable and sustainable health system”
The Health Systems Research Institute (HSRI) is an autonomous state agency established by the Health Systems Research Institute Act B.E. 2535 (1992), at about the same time as the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) and the National Science and Technology Development Agency (NSTDA). Its organizational structure and management system are designed to focus on flexibility so as to be able to respond to the goal of “better knowledge management for better health systems”.
One of the strengths of HSRI is its networking approach and creation of “subsidiary agencies” that are institutional mechanisms working collaboratively with allied organizations. Later on, many subsidiary agencies have been established as autonomous agencies such as the Thai Health Promotion Foundation (ThaiHealth), the National Health Commission Office (NHCO), and the Healthcare Accreditation Institute (Public Organization). At present, HSRI has seven subsidiary agencies called “affiliated institutions” as follows:
- Central Office for Healthcare Information (CHI)
- Medical Audit (MA) Development Office
- Institute for Development of Human Research Protection (IHRP)
- Health Insurance System Research Office (HISRO)
- Institute of Health Promotion for People with Disability (IHPPD)
- National Healthcare Financing Development Office (NHFDO)
- Thai CaseMix Centre(TCMC) - New project !!
Knowledge management for equitable and sustainable health system.