Research and Development of Health Service System
Primary Care System is the important foundation of health service system. The quality development of primary care system is deemed as the main strategy for enhancing the overall quality of health service system, making equal accessibility to health services for the people, including community health system, which is the important foundation of the well-being development of Thai people, resulting in the sustained good health among Thai people. These need the collaborative development and shared responsibility among health care facilities, partners both from public and private sectors, the people, and local administration. However, there are some weaknesses and less quality of primary care system, resulting from various factors, such as management, technical matters, human resources, and different geography throughout Thailand. Thus, it is necessary to conduct research and development for exploring the implementation guidelines and appropriate policy recommendations. In terms of community health system, there is the need of learning and developing participatory processes for enhancing people’s roles in self-care management in effective and sustainable ways.
Primary Care System Program
This program aims at continuously monitoring and evaluation of the overall situations of primary care and community health systems, managing and developing research activities as stipulated in the research plans, developing the policy recommendations supporting health care units and community health system based on new knowledge generated or integrating all existing knowledge, including knowledge management, collection and synthesis of experiences and knowledge regarding primary care services and community health system in various issues, leading to the benefits responding to the community and society.
- An annual report on primary care system situations
- Frameworks and research questions/issues for developing primary care system in three years
- Research findings and knowledge synthesized for policy development on primary care system/Tambon Health Promoting Hospitals
- A knowledge package for developing health care system for specific populations in primary care units
- A knowledge package regarding working guidelines for personnel in Tambon Health Promoting Hospitals
- A monitoring and evaluation report on primary care system in Tambon Health Promoting Hospitals
- Dr. Ladda Damrikarnlerd
Community Health System Program
The purposes of this program are: 1) to synthesize knowledge and conceptual framework created from model innovations and to develop community strengths through lessons learned from the project for promoting the strength development of the community at all levels, funding by various agencies, and to synthesize success factors, obstacle factors, and other considerations; 2) to synthesize and propose options of community health management system model in terms of health determinants in the community and health service systems, key and supportive mechanisms, and tools for strength development of the health community system, using health needs of the community as a driving factor for integrated systems with resources management from funding agencies through key and supportive mechanisms; 3) to synthesize policy recommendations for agencies/organizations concerned for supporting the development of basic factors for developing community health system to be expanded to other areas and the strengths of key and supportive mechanisms by testing the options of the model mentioned in No. 2; and 4) to develop a model for linking knowledge on health to the community and expand it to other areas.
- Models of mechanisms/processes for developing strengthened health community system
- Expanding the national health charter and putting it into practice
- A model for linking knowledge on heath to the community
- Systems designed for disseminating knowledge to other areas
- Establishment of partners, which are the funding agencies and other agencies working in the field of research and development of health systems at the community level
- Dr. Ladda Damrikarnlerd
Long-Term Health Care System Development Program
The purposes of this program are: 1) to collect and synthesize knowledge on health care system for the elderly residing in health care facilities or other elderly care institutes, from the experiences of health care facilities and elderly care institutes used as operational guidelines in Thailand; 2) to develop a framework and guidelines for standard development of health care system for the elderly residing in health care facilities or other elderly care institutes; and 3) to support the model development for long-term health care system in health care institutes.
- Model knowledge for long-term health care system in institutes
- Two elderly care institutes prepared for establishing as the elderly care system model
- System designed to be used as references of facilities in other regions
- Dr. Ladda Damrikarnlerd