The aim of the Health Governance System Research and Development Cluster is to conduct and manage the research for create policies and strategies directed tools at different levels of the health systems to have mechanisms for the proper management which can be checked and flexible. Also knowledge translation is to use properly with the context. This Cluster consists of three sub-programs as follows :
Health Governance System Research and Development Cluster
The aim of the Health Governance System Research and Development Cluster is to conduct and manage the research for create policies and strategies directed tools at different levels of the health systems to have mechanisms for the proper management which can be checked and flexible. Also knowledge translation is to use properly with the context. This Cluster consists of two sub-programs as follows :
- Health Decentralization Research and Development Program
- Health Good Governance Research and Development Program
1.Health Decentralization Research and Development Program
Health Decentralization is one of the mechanisms of health care reform. This can make better health, efficiency, equity and people participation in the democratic system. It must be developed based on cooperation amongs the Government, Non Government Organization, Academia and Local Authority. However, health decentralization situation does not progress so much. Require research and development to find ways to operate and offer the policy recommendation for all sectors in the health decentralization that are appropriate for the context of Thailand.
- To provide the development of research management for creating mechanisms to build knowledge and tools in the development of health decentralization.
- To propose the body of knowledge about the health decentralization to various parties involved in the decision making process both policy and practical levels for promote decentralization from the central government to local authority.
- Knowledge of the principle and perspective of health decentralization that are appropriate for Thailand , as well as the evaluation of current health decentralization Model.
- Recommendations and policy measures to facilitate the operation of decentralized health care to achieve maximum benefits to the people.
- Asst.Prof.Dr.Jaruayporn Srisasalux
2. Health Good Governance Research and Development Program
The Governance is one component of the health system which covers all the other elements. The mission of Health Governance is formulation health policy, regulation and intelligence. Movement of the current health system affects the management mechanism of health organizations from all sectors that require adaptation to be transparent audit and accountability. The health good government research aims to synthesize the knowledge and tools to conduct monitoring and evaluation of policy and strategy at all levels under the people participation and understanding the mindset of policy makers from all sectors. The policy and strategy mechanisms management will affect the health system performance.
- To develop good governance in the health system responsding to the needs of the people in the efficiency, transparency and accountability issues. That can reflect the health systems performance.
- To ensure the development of research management mechanisms to build the knowledge and tools to improve efficiency of organizations in the health system.
- To organize the forum for exchange of ideas, knowledge, experience, practices related to Governance in the health system.
- Body of knowledge on governance in the health systems, as well as tools for monitoring and evaluation of health policy and strategy both central and provincial levels.
- Policy recommendations related to redefine and redesign on the role of governance mechanisms in the health systems.
- Asst.Prof.Dr.Jaruayporn Srisasalux